Panamei Product: Atlantic Salmon Portions
Recipe & Pictures by: Andrea Garzón / @ akitchen.obsession
- 1 Panamei Salmon portion
- 2 Nori sheets
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 3 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 cup of Panko
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup of oil for frying
- Chives and sesame seeds to decorate
- Eel sauce to dip
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cut it into rectangles (about a finger thick). The easiest way to do this is to cut diagonally. Then cut the rectangles into 3 or 4 thick strips depending on the size of the salmon and the rectangles. Season with salt.
- Cut the Nori leaves into 4 equal pieces, you will have 8 in total. Fill each with a strip of salmon, a strip of cream cheese and a piece of avocado. Slightly moisten your fingers with water and carefully run them over the edge of each Nori sheet.
- Wrap the sheet starting with two corners inward and then the other two remaining corners inward again. Wet the fingers again so that the sheet adheres correctly, and you make it into a pouch or envelope shape.
- Beat the egg on a bowl, set aside. Place panko on one plate and flour on another plate. When the rolls are ready, pass them through the flour, then through the egg and finally through the panko. Tighten them very gently to make them a little more compact.
- heat the oil in a medium saucepan and wait until it is very hot. Begin frying the rolls in two batches, 4 at a time until golden brown, remove from the oil and let them cool (the filling will be very hot).
- Carefully cut them in half and serve with eel sauce.